Friday, January 30, 2009

The 2009 Arts Alive Banner Auction is taking place at 2:00pm on the same day as our reception for Postcards and Paper Dolls [the reception is at 7:00pm so there is no excuse for not coming to both ya hear?!]. Hats off to Danny Salzhandler who has worked his heart out for the banner project, which raises money as well as awareness for North County San Diego's visual art scene. I think the show is in its 10th year, and if I'm not mistaken, Danny is looking to pass the torch so anyone who is interested in taking on this noble task, speak now. I can put you in touch with Danny.

On top of being a community event that bolsters the arts in our area, another reason why the Arts Alive Banner Auction is so pertinent to the Gallery this year is that not only did I [drew] do a banner, but so did our November 2008 Featured Artist Ana Clark. I haven't seen her banner yet, but I have a feeling it is a big beautiful nude. I am told that these banners are auctioned off starting at $150.00 which is an amazing value, especially considering they are seven feet tall. And they go to a good cause so go to the event and show your support for Danny, Ana, the gallery, and most of all, the North County Coastal Artist Community.

Oh and I just forgot...another reason why this is even more pertinent to The Andrews Gallery is that our landlady Parvaneh has a banner in the auction as well. Our roots run thick and we've only been here for 6 months. Imagine......

No comments: